Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Inside Out Leadership

How do we acquire joy, fulfillment, success? How do we mange stresses?

Covey's habit 1: Be Proactive clearly help.

But, how do I really become Proactive? How do I make me "see that the is glass half full" and not "half empty."

I know I should develop a good attitude. But every time, when I say to myself: "Be positive", my inner voice argues with me and tells me to be "realistic."

Is it nature or nurture? Is it our DNA? Our EQ? Our IQ? Our circumstances?

These are common human conditions. By default we let our monkey mind run us.

The good news is there are tools we can use to tame our mind.

Dr. Amit Sood knows that. His book Log On tells us how. The May 18, 2009 talk he and Dr. Ashok Patel gave at IBM lay out the possibilities, the lessons and the practice.

This Friday, I am going to lead a discussion on my take on Sood's "Log On" idea. And I will also guide you to do a few Avatar(R) exercises that will let you experience mindfulness.

When you feel it, you will know it.

No comments: