Saturday, August 23, 2008

New Members to 8/22 LPG Meeting

After so many times using the 006-2 conference room, it was refreshing to meet at the IBM lobby conference room. Thanks, Roger for setting it up. The room is a keeper.

It was my first time coming into IBM as a guest. The lobby receptionist has been acquainted with me for many years. Nonetheless, she smiled and I smiled as she insisted on seeing a picture ID from me to prove I was indeed the person my guest badge said I was before she would give the badge to me.

Who am I is a good question to ponder over (I think I will blog about this as part of the spiritual dimension of Sharpening the Saw).

At the meeting we welcomed back Ji-Yung. Also, we were really glad that Vardhini and Tracy attended LPG for the first time.

Vardhini, like Ji-Yung, came to know me and about LPG from our association with Rochester Diversity Council. We three have recently got "certified" to be facilitators for K-12 prejudice reduction workshop. There is obvious synergy between DC and LPG.

Tracy saw LPG on FaceBook and made the connection this is a good group to join. She used Facebook's "request to join" function to ask to be part of LPG.

Since I didn't quite remember Tracy but noticed that she and Brian were friends on Facebook, I asked Brian and our LPG advisory members to second the membership request. Even before Brian was able to email me how glad he was with Tracy joining, Sandra already sent me a reply saying that "what a small world" ... Tracy sits close to her at IBM and yes she will be a great addition. Brian's seconding email -- when it did arrive -- became a resounding second of Sandra's second. Indeed, Tracy, welcome to LPG.

I had to tell this story because it speaks to me about the synergy of connecting the dots. It confirms once again when we send good will to the world, it will come back.

It is a small world.

No comments: